Saturday, April 9, 2016

Gold stars for Readings Bookshop

On the way to work yesterday morning, I was listening to the podcast of Richard Fidler's recent interview with Freda Marnie Nicholls, author of the new book, The Amazing Mrs Livesey. Mrs Livesey was a swindler, a bigamist & her life story sounded truly remarkable. I knew I'd bought the book for the library but I also knew there were reservations on it & I just had to have the book asap. I'm sure readers of this blog will sympathize. So, as soon as I got to work, I jumped on to Readings website & ordered the book. This was at about 7.30am. By 10.30am, they'd emailed me the invoice & when I got home at about 5.30pm, the book was on the doorstep! I was so impressed I emailed them to tell them. What terrific service!

Readings is one of Melbourne's best independent bookstores & I always try to buy from them, especially Australian titles. Their service is always great but I thought this was exceptional.

Meanwhile, I now have another book I desperately want to read when I already have several others half-read. You can read the blurb of Freda Marnie Nicholls' book here. Would you be able to resist diving right in?

No comments:

Post a Comment